TVWRA is excited to offer swim lessons for new and developing swimmers age 5 and older. Sessions will be limited to 6 swimmers. Lessons will be taught by Maddie Unowitz.
Swimmers who have no water experience or are not yet quite ready for swim team will learn water safety skills as well as proper competitive swim technique.
Skills are sequentially taught in a small group setting of no more than 6 swimmers.
Lessons are aimed to make a smooth and strong transition onto Swim Team.
Level will be determined by instructors based on the swimmer’s skill level.
LEVEL 1: This is for swimmers who have never had lessons or are not comfortable doing the skills listed below. No goggles are allowed.
· Get face/eyes wet unassisted
· Blows bubbles
· Submerses head completely under water willingly and blows bubbles without instructor
· Comfortably floats on back with or without instructor’s help willingly
· Kicks on kick board willingly, but with help
· Kicks on back willingly, but with help
· Jumps from the side to the instructor
· Repetitive bubble blowing 5 consecutive times with head submerged under water
· ½ length of pool-proper freestyle kicking on a kick board without an instructor
· ½ length of pool-proper backstroke kick with arms at side without an instructor
· Streamline to and from the wall unassisted
· Retrieves object 3 feet underwater with bubbles
LEVEL 2: This if for swimmers who are comfortable in the water.
· ½ lap rifle drill backstroke with a single arm
· ½ lap rifle drill backstroke with both arms, every 6 kicks
· ½ lap kicking on side while holding kickboard; rolling face in, blowing bubbles (left and right)
· ½ lap kicking on side while supported by coach rolling face in, blowing bubbles
· ½ lap each kicking on left and right side with an extended arm (freestyle breathing position) unassisted
· ½ lap single arm catch up freestyle (rotary breathing) unassisted
Level 1: 10:00AM-10:45AM
Level 2: 9:00AM-9:45AM
Sessions will consist of 8 lessons over a two-week period.
Session I: June 17 - June 20 & June 24 - June 27
Session II: July 8 - July 11 & July 15 - July 18
Session III: July 22 - July 25 & July 29- August 1
COST: $90 per session. Click here for registration form.
Contact Maddie Unowitz- firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions regarding the program.